Wits Radio Academy Internship In South Africa 2020/2021:
Applications are been accepted for the Wits Radio Academy Internship in South African 2020/2021, eligible persons are invited to apply for this program
Jacaranda FM has partnered with The Wits Radio Academy, a centre of training, research and public engagement in the field of radio. The Academy works with the university’s campus station, Voice of Wits 88.1FM in the heart of Braamfontein.
Qualification in Journalism or related field (Bachelors’ Degree or 3 years National Diploma)
Wits Radio Academy Internship is taken and hosted in South Africa.
Wits Radio Academy Internship is available to South African Students and to other African Countries.
At Jacaranda, interns will develop skills in the following areas:
- Assist in various areas of the news department, thereby learning the practical skills involved
- Assist in the general operations of a newsroom
- Assist journalists in the compilation of their stories
- Report from the field as well as work on the news desk
- Qualification in Journalism or related field (Bachelors’ Degree or 3 years National Diploma)
- Valid driver’s licence or in the process of obtaining one
- Good command of the English language, Preferably bilingual in Afrikaans and English
- Quality writing and voicing scripts for radio
- Check facts, accuracy and quality of stories
- Operating studio and field recording and production equipment
- Minimal editing and multi-track mixing experience needed
At VowFM, interns will develop skills in the following areas:
- Compile and read daily bulletins
- Report from the field
- Package stories for current affairs programmes
- Be actively involved in the day to day news and current affairs programming
- Update social media with news content
- Interns will be required to undertake short courses with the Wits Radio Academy
Applicants should submit a motivational letter of 250 words outlining why they would be a good fit for the position alongside a CV with three contactable references.
10th November 2019
Duration of Internship: January – December 2020
Email: [email protected]