2020 PhD Scholarship In Data Science & Machine Learning For Energy & Smart Microgrids In Belgium:
Applications are open for the PhD Scholarship in Data Science and Machine Learning for Energy and Smart Microgrids. Through the program, MOBI is looking for a Doctoral researcher data science and machine learning for energy and smart microgrids.
The program is offering an opportunity to work in the research group MOBI and the position is extant in the Faculty of Engineering Sciences of Vrije Universiteit Brussel.
Mobility, Logistics, and Automotive Technology Research Centre (MOBI) has been very successful in its acquirement of innovative research projects for this new ambitious initiative, both on national and European level.
- Applications Deadline: February 15, 2021
- Course Level: The scholarships are open in the Ph.D. level program.
- Study Subject: The program is open in the field of engineering.
- Scholarship Award: Competitive salary, Hospitalization cover, Free use of public transport for travel to and from work, Extensive sporting facilities and a nursery on campus, and Young international and challenging work environment at the cutting edge of innovative research
- Nationality: Internationally
- Number of Scholarships: Not given
- Scholarship can be taken in Belgium
To be eligible, the applicants must be following all the given criteria:
- Eligible Countries: All nationalities are eligible to apply.
- Entrance Requirements: An academic Master degree in Computer Engineering/ Computer Science
- Good knowledge in machine learning an data science (machine learning, artificial intelligence, optimization techniques, software engineering, big data analytics,…)
- Basic knowledge of the energy system
- Interest in research and development
- Good communication skills in English (speaking and writing)
- Ability to work both in a team and independently while carrying out complex tasks
- Proactive and able to take the initiative
Program Tasks: The given tasks will be completed by the candidates during the program.
- R&D with respect to the development of self-learning algorithms for scalable design and operation of smart microgrids hosting a wide variety of energy carriers and assets.
- Conducting the research according to the work plan of the project (including literature studies, simulations, data analysis, measurements, etc. )
- Disseminate research results through conferences and journal publications
- Collaborate with other researchers (internal and external) and project partners
- Write and successfully defend a PhD thesis at the conclusion of the research
To participate, the candidates must submit all the following documents to [email protected]
- A brief CV
- A concise statement of the reason for applying
- Copy of the highest diploma